Serena is responsible for managing the financial and administrative aspects of the Centre for Urban Research:
- Manages and maintains financial records for AHURI, including budget preparation and projection, to assist with the development of business plans.
- Manages and maintains AHURI’s human resources activities, including supervision and organising of research assistants and casual staff;
- Provides assistance to AHURI’s researchers with preparation of research funding applications, including budgetary information and assessment of project viability;
- Provides assistance in the preparation of formal reports of AHURI’s projects to external funding bodies as required;
- Monitors grant reporting requirements, including research grants, commercial activities to facilitate management and accountability;
- Manages special projects such as conferences, seminars and workshops