RMIT Centre for Urban Research (CUR) is delighted to announce an internship opportunity for a RMIT media student to be incorporated into their work-integrated-learning requirements.
This internship is designed to provide relevant work experience for RMIT students aspiring to a career in communications, journalism or digital media. Ideally the position would suit RMIT students undertaking a Bachelor or Master course in communication, public relations, arts, journalism or marketing, and is able to commit up to two days per week (this can be negotiated).
The position is based at RMIT University’s City campus and will support the Centre’s Communications unit to promote the Centre’s research and activities through various mediums and tasks such as press releases, news stories, design, content creation, sound and video editing and event promotion.
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and verbal skills, a flair for finding news and storytelling, and a keen interest in current affairs.
- Writing news stories for the Centre’s website
- Pitching stories to journalists
- Contributing content to the external and internal newsletters
- Support events and campaigns by CUR
Key Selection Criteria
- Current RMIT student
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and an understanding of web writing principles.
- Exceptional organisational skills and with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- High-level computer skills and experience using Word, Excel, internet and email. Experience in Adobe Suite will be an advantage.
This internship is unpaid available for up to three months, dependent on the student’s course requirements. Projects can be tailored to the student’s needs and requirements.
Students from the following programs are encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor of Communication (Media)
- Bachelor of Communication (Professional Communication)
- Master of Media
- Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations)
- Master of Advertising / Master of Communication
- Bachelor of Communication (Advertising)
- Bachelor of Design (Digital Media)
- Bachelor of Design (Animation and Interactive Media)
Please submit a cover letter addressing the key statement criteria and your availability, your CV and a sample of your work (hard news story, feature story, press release – no longer than 500 words – design students can alternatively submit other relevant pieces of work (eg. flyers/brochures etc.) to Anna Bishop by Tuesday 24 May 2016, 11.59pm.
The position ideally is expected to start during mid-semester break 2016 but starting times can be negotiated by successful applicants.
Apply now via Jobs on Campus (student login required).